Robotic Process Automation is the technology that allows anyone today to configure computer software, or a “robot” to emulate and integrate the actions of a human interacting within digital systems to execute a business process. RPA robots utilize the user interface to capture data and manipulate applications just like humans do. They interpret, trigger responses, and communicate with other systems in order to perform on a vast variety of repetitive tasks. Only substantially better: an RPA software robot never sleeps and makes zero mistakes.
Tool Used: Blue Prism - a UK multinational software corporation that pioneered and makes enterprise robotic process automation (RPA) software that provides a digital workforce designed to automate complex end-to-end operational activities.
Minimum qualification needed: Anyone with UG\PG completed or ongoing.
Basic knowledge of operating computers and fundamental mathematics.
Basic programming knowledge would be an added advantage.
Hardware and software requirements
1) A computer with 4 GB RAM,
2) Windows OS (7 or 10),
3) Microsoft .NET framework 4.7,
4) SQL Server 2012 or above and Management Studio,
5) Blueprism software (Free software and community edition available)
40 hours including a hands-on, quiz, resume preparation, and mock interview.
Scope and learning outcome
1) RPA is a cutting edge technology and most desired skill by most of the organizations. There are many organizations that provide RPA solutions alone to their clients. The demand for RPA is enormous across the globe.
2) RPA is a low-code tool to make students understand how an enterprise solution works compared to conventional desktop automation using other programming solutions.
3) RPA offers both technical and non-technical roles. RPA Developer is a technical role and RPA Business Analyst is a non-technical role. Students can embark on their careers by choosing any one of these.
4) Learning RPA makes one as Jack of all trades in other areas like the understanding business process of the domain involved, know about technologies like Advanced Excel Functions, SQL, Macros, know about network security involved in establishing RPA environment, know about process optimization and process re-engineering, RPA-Analytics and even lots more.
5) Many leading RPA vendors are constantly updating their software and there is great potential to study other fields like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
If you're not learning robotic process automation, or, RPA, right now… you're already behind.
Much in the same way physical robots have been rapidly replacing industrial, blue-collar jobs, software robots will be replacing a high percentage of white-collar jobs… sooner than you think.
THAT is "robotic process automation".
Blue Prism provides the ability out-of-the-box to connect to different application user interfaces. The adapter used to connect to an application is called a Visual Business Object (VBO). Each VBO implements a particular set of operations against an application's user interface.
Here you will understand how to develop a VBO in object studio using application modeler, spying, code stage, object parameters, and publish the VBO to be consumed in process studio.
Here you will understand how to create a workflow using process studio, environmental and session variables, exception handling, and publish the process to control room.
Here you will understand how to execute, schedule, and monitor the published process under various bots (machines).